Castes similar to or like Maratha (caste)
The Maratha caste are a Marathi clan originally formed in the earlier centuries from the amalgamation of families from the peasant (Kunbi), shepherd (Dhangar), blacksmith (Lohar), Sutar (carpenter), Bhandari, Thakar and Koli castes in Maharashtra. Wikipedia
Ethnolinguistic group who speak Marathi, an Indo-Aryan language as their native language. They inhabit the state of Maharashtra as well as districts bordering the state, such as Belgaum(known as Belgaon in Marathi) of Karnataka and the state of Goa in western India as well as districts of southern Gujarat and parts of Madhya Pradesh. Wikipedia
Deshastha Brahmins are a Hindu Brahmin subcaste mainly from the Indian state of Maharashtra and northern area of the state of Karnataka. The word Deshastha derives from the Sanskrit deśa (inland, country) and stha (resident), literally translating to "residents of the country". Wikipedia
Sentences forMaratha (caste)
- At the time of demand he possessed no money as his country had been ruined by the constant movements and pillage of Marathas and Afghans.
- Raja Surajmal of Bharatpur is reportedly shown as having denied help to the Maratha army, one of the factors leading to the Marathas’ eventual defeat.
- At present, however, it refers to a set of Maharashtrian castes called Maratha.
- Later on the Marathas appeared in the scene of administration from 1703 to 1823.
- After the Portuguese recovered from an encounter with the Marathas, they strengthened their northern defenses and provided shelter to the people there.
- Marathas captured during their wars with the Mughals had been given to the soldiers of the Mughal Army from the Baloch Bugti tribe.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Maratha (caste)