Military units similar to or like Maratha Army
Maratha (or Mahratta) Army refers to the land-based armed forces of the Maratha Empire, which existed from the late 17th to the early 19th centuries in India. Wikipedia
Sentences forMaratha Army
- During this era, Peshwas belonging to the Bhat family controlled the Maratha Army and later became de facto rulers of the Maratha Empire till 1772.
- The Battle of Surat of 1664 was a well-coordinated one, whereby the Maratha used their Army and Navy in a coordinated way.
- The Maratha Army lost the battle, which halted their imperial expansion.
- Prior to 1749, Peshwas held office for 8–9 years and controlled the Maratha Army.
- Three years later, in 1682, Jahanzeb mounted her own elephant to encourage a lagging Mughal counterattack on a Maratha Army.
- Clive arrived at the fort on 15 May and, after ensuring the post was secured, marched to Smith's brigade which was posted to the frontier to deter a Maratha invasion.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Maratha Army