Ethnic groups similar to or like Marathi people
Ethnolinguistic group who speak Marathi, an Indo-Aryan language as their native language. Wikipedia
Indo-Aryan ethno-linguistic Hindu community of South India who speak the Saurashtra language, an Indo-Aryan language, and predominantly reside in the Indian states of Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Andhra Pradesh and Karnataka. Saurashtrians trace their ancestry to the historical region of Saurashtra in Western India. Wikipedia
Sentences forMarathi people
- Maharashtra's regional literature is about lives and circumstances of Marathi people in specific parts of the state.
- Traditionally, Marathi Hindus and South Indian Hindus receive an oil massage from the elders in the family on the day and then take a ritual bath, all before sunrise.
- Marathi is also spoken by Maharashtrian migrants to other parts of India and overseas.
- It was formed on 1 May 1960 by splitting the bilingual Bombay State, which had existed since 1956, into majority Marathi-speaking Maharashtra and Gujarati-speaking Gujarat.
- The state in fact has the highest concentration of Marathi people outside Maharashtra.
- Although at present, the word Maratha refers to a particular caste of warriors and peasants, in the past the word has been used to describe all Marathi people.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Marathi people