Tennis biographies similar to or like Margaret Court
Australian retired tennis player and former world No. 1. Wikipedia
Sentences forMargaret Court
- Claiming that the women's game was so inferior to the men's game that even a 55-year-old like himself could beat the current top female players, he challenged and defeated Margaret Court 6–2, 6–1.
- This tied Margaret Court's record for singles titles at a Grand Slam event (Court won 11 Australian Opens, but seven came when it was the Australian Championships, an amateur event).
- In a 2013 interview, Martina Navratilova theorized that if Seles had not been stabbed, "We'd be talking about Monica with the most Grand Slam titles [ahead of] Margaret Court or Steffi Graf."
- In 1973, the US Open became the first Grand Slam tournament to award equal prize money to men and women, with that year's singles champions, John Newcombe and Margaret Court, receiving US$25,000 each.
- Since winning an Open Era-record 23 Grand Slam titles, pundits have discussed Williams’ potential to surpass the all-time record of 24 held by Margaret Court.
- Along with Margaret Court, she also holds the record for most Grand Slam singles titles won as a mother, with three such titles, and was the first to win one since Evonne Goolagong Cawley in 1980.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Margaret Court