Events similar to or like Mariana dam disaster
The Mariana dam disaster, also known as the Bento Rodrigues or Samarco dam disaster, occurred on 5 November 2015, when the Fundão tailings dam at the Germano iron ore mine of the Samarco Mariana Mining Complex near Mariana, Minas Gerais, Brazil, suffered a catastrophic failure, resulting in flooding that devastated the downstream villages of Bento Rodrigues and Paracatu de Baixo (40 km (25 mi) from Bento Rodrigues), killing 19 people. Wikipedia
The Brumadinho dam disaster occurred on 25 January 2019 when Dam I, a tailings dam at the Córrego do Feijão iron ore mine, 9 km east of Brumadinho, Minas Gerais, Brazil, suffered a catastrophic failure. Owned by Vale, the same company that was involved in the 2015 Mariana dam disaster. Wikipedia
The Baldwin Hills Dam disaster occurred on December 14, 1963, in the Baldwin Hills neighborhood of South Los Angeles, when the dam containing the Baldwin Hills Reservoir suffered a catastrophic failure and flooded the residential neighborhoods surrounding it. It began with signs of lining failure, followed by increasingly serious leakage through the dam at its east abutment. Wikipedia
Sentences forMariana dam disaster
- On November 5, 2015, the Fundão dam (part of the Germano mining complex) in the Mariana region collapsed, causing 19 fatalities and the destruction of around 200 homes.
- TÜV SÜD was auditing and certifying Vale, a company that was involved in the 2015 Mariana dam disaster.
- In 2015 it suffered a major dam disaster.
- The Brumadinho dam failure occurred three years and two months after the Mariana dam disaster from November 2015, which killed 19 people and destroyed the village of Bento Rodrigues.
- The dam is owned by Vale, the same company that was involved in the 2015 Mariana dam disaster.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Mariana dam disaster