Planets similar to or like Mars
Fourth planet from the Sun and the second-smallest planet in the Solar System, being larger than only Mercury. Wikipedia
Only terrestrial planet whose surface can be directly observed in detail from the Earth with help from a telescope. Smaller than the Earth, 11% of Earth's mass, and 50% farther from the Sun than the Earth, its climate has important similarities, such as the presence of polar ice caps, seasonal changes and observable weather patterns. Wikipedia
- This atmosphere, sourced from gases ejected from lunar volcanic eruptions, was twice the thickness of that of present-day Mars.
- Artemis would be the first step towards the long-term goal of establishing a sustainable presence on the Moon, laying the foundation for private companies to build a lunar economy, and eventually sending humans to Mars.
- A leading hypothesis is that it was formed by accretion from material loosed from Earth after a Mars-sized object with about 10% of Earth's mass, named Theia, collided with Earth.
- Imperial was one of the ten leading contributors to the NASA InSight Mars lander which landed on planet Mars in November 2018, with the college logo appearing on the craft.
- The term "sol" with a lower-case 's' is used by planetary astronomers for the duration of a solar day on another planet such as Mars.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Mars