People similar to or like Marvin Gaye
American singer, songwriter, and record producer. Wikipedia
The Funk Brothers were a group of Detroit-based session musicians who performed the backing to most Motown recordings from 1959 until the company moved to Los Angeles in 1972. Its members are considered among the most successful groups of studio musicians in music history. Wikipedia
American singer-songwriter, guitarist, and record producer, and one of the most influential musicians behind soul and politically conscious African-American music. He first achieved success and recognition with the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame-inducted group The Impressions during the civil rights movement of the late 1950s and 1960s, and later worked as a solo artist. Wikipedia
Double CD chronology of American singer Marvin Gaye's career throughout his twenty-year tenure with Motown Records from his first big hit, 1962's "Stubborn Kind of Fellow", to his final Motown R&B charter, "Heavy Love Affair" in 1981. The anthology also covered a set of duet recordings with Mary Wells, Kim Weston, Tammi Terrell, and Diana Ross, as well as unreleased recordings from the 1960s and 1970s. Wikipedia
Chronological box set album looking back at American R&B/soul legend Marvin Gaye's phenomenal 23-year recording career. Spanning four discs, the box set goes over all portions of Gaye's career with a repertoire that spanned doo-wop, R&B, soul, psychedelic soul and funk with a mixture of themes including dance songs, love ballads, duets, socially conscious material, sensual material and autobiographical revelations. Wikipedia
Sentences forMarvin Gaye
- Jay-Z says his earliest exposure to music was through his parents' record collection, which was mostly of soul artists such as Marvin Gaye and Donny Hathaway.
- The artist development department specialized primarily in working with younger, less-experienced acts; experienced performers such as Jr. Walker and Marvin Gaye were exempt from artist-development classes.
- It was introduced on January 1, 1985, with the video performance of "The Star-Spangled Banner" by Marvin Gaye, who died a year before the network launched (the national anthem was also played at the launch of Cable Music Channel).
- Terrell, who died in 1970, was Brown's girlfriend before she became famous as Marvin Gaye's singing partner in the mid-Sixties.
- The year closed out with a trio of TV series appearances, all in November, on The Twilight Zone, 7th Heaven, Moesha, and American Dreams, the latter in which Usher portrayed Marvin Gaye.
- The album was released at around the same time as Marvin Gaye's What's Going On.
- Usher continued to make appearances in various television shows, including the period drama American Dreams (2002) in the role of Marvin Gaye.
- On October 30, 2001, Spears, alongside Bono and other popular recording artists under the name "Artists Against AIDS Worldwide", released an album consisting of multiple versions of Marvin Gaye's "What's Going On", with the intention to benefit AIDS programs in Africa and other impoverished regions.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Marvin Gaye