Musicals similar to or like Mary Poppins (musical)
Musical with music and lyrics by Richard M. Sherman and Robert B. Sherman and additional music and lyrics by George Stiles and Anthony Drewe, and a script by Julian Fellowes. Wikipedia
Musical with music and lyrics written by Richard and Robert Sherman and a book by Jeremy Sams. Based on the 1968 film of the same name written by Roald Dahl, Ken Hughes, and Richard Maibaum, which in turn is based on the book of the same name by Ian Fleming. Wikipedia
Musical based on the 1905 novel Kipps by H. G. Wells and the original 1963 musical, with music by George Stiles and Anthony Drewe, and lyrics by Anthony Drewe and Heneker, featuring several of the original songs by Heneker, and book by Julian Fellowes. Produced by Cameron Mackintosh and Chichester Festival Theatre where it premiered in July 2016 before transferring into the West End in London at the Noël Coward Theatre in October 2016. Wikipedia
Musical written by Julian Fellowes, with music and lyrics by George Stiles and Anthony Drewe, based on the 1908 novel of the same name, written by Kenneth Grahame. The musical received its world premiere at the Theatre Royal in Plymouth in October 2016, before transferring to The Lowry in Salford and the Mayflower Theatre in Southampton. Wikipedia
Musical based on George Bernard Shaw's 1913 play Pygmalion, with book and lyrics by Alan Jay Lerner and music by Frederick Loewe. The story concerns Eliza Doolittle, a Cockney flower girl who takes speech lessons from professor Henry Higgins, a phonetician, so that she may pass as a lady. Wikipedia
Sentences forMary Poppins (musical)
- In March 2019, she was announced as returning to London's West End stage for the first time in 20 years, performing in the upcoming revival of Mary Poppins as Tthe Bird Woman.
- On June 13, 2006, the Broadway production moved to the Minskoff Theatre to make way for the musical version of Mary Poppins, where it is still running after more than 9,000 performances.
- Mary Poppins began previews at the New Amsterdam Theatre on October 16, 2006 and opened on November 16, 2006, where it continued to run until March 3, 2013.
- She played "Dorothy" in The Wizard of Oz (1974), and performed in Mary Poppins and Peter Pan as the small company traveled through Illinois, Nebraska, and Indiana.
- He played Bert in the Broadway production of Mary Poppins, replacing Adam Fiorentino in the role on October 12, 2009, and then left the cast July 15, 2010.
- Some critics have argued that the reuse of film plots, especially those from Disney (such as Mary Poppins and The Little Mermaid), equate the Broadway and West End musical to a tourist attraction, rather than a creative outlet.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Mary Poppins (musical)