Topics similar to or like Mason–Dixon line
Demarcation line separating four U.S. states, forming part of the borders of Pennsylvania, Maryland, Delaware, and West Virginia . Wikipedia
The recorded history of Maryland dates back to the beginning of European exploration, starting with the Venetian John Cabot, who explored the coast of North America for the Kingdom of England in 1498. Granted by King Charles I to Sir George Calvert , his former Secretary of State in 1632, for settlement beginning in March 1634. Wikipedia
Sentences forMason–Dixon line
- In 1760, Maryland's current boundaries took form following the settlement of a long-running border dispute with Pennsylvania.
- In 1892, it was still a sectionally based party mainly situated in the East, Midwest, and West and was barely visible south of the Mason–Dixon line.
- Hunt's enrollment was also regarded as the first successful school integration below the Mason–Dixon line.
- In the history of the United States, the Mason–Dixon line between Pennsylvania (the North) and Maryland (the South) traditionally divided the regions.
- Weaver failed to win more than 5% of the vote in any state east of the Mississippi River and north of the Mason–Dixon line.
- In 1780 Pennsylvania and Virginia agreed to extend the Mason–Dixon line westward, and the region became part of Pennsylvania.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Mason–Dixon line