Golf tournaments similar to or like Masters Tournament
One of the four major championships in professional golf. Wikipedia
Oldest golf tournament in the world, and one of the most prestigious. Originally held annually at Prestwick Golf Club, Scotland, before evolving to being rotated between a select group of coastal links golf courses in the United Kingdom, under the authority of The R&A. Wikipedia
The 63rd Masters Tournament, held from April 8–11 at Augusta National Golf Club in Augusta, Georgia. José María Olazábal won his second Masters championship, two strokes ahead of runner-up Davis Love III and three strokes ahead of Greg Norman, who experienced another disappointing back nine at Augusta. Wikipedia
Sentences forMasters Tournament
- Having already won the Masters and the U.S. Open earlier in the year, Ben Hogan won in his one and only Open appearance in 1953 to win the "Triple Crown".
- In his one year at Texas, golfer Jordan Spieth led the University of Texas Golf club to the NCAA Men's Golf Championship in 2012 and went on to win The Masters Tournament three years after leaving the university.
- There is often discussion amongst the golfing community as to whether the Open, U.S. Open, or the Masters Tournament is the most prestigious major, but opinion varies (often linked to nationality).
- Ian Thomsen likened deciding the 1994 World Cup using a penalty shoot-out to deciding the Masters golf tournament via a minigolf game.
- In late March 2016, he announced that he would miss the Masters while he recovered from the surgery; he had also missed the 2014 Masters due to a back problem.
- The Masters golf tournament, the first of the PGA tour's four "majors", is held annually the second weekend of April at the Augusta National Golf Club.
- The Masters, which retains heavy production control over their event, continued to use the network's older graphical style originally unveiled in 2007 until 2019, when they debuted a new graphics package.
- Internationally, Augusta is best known for hosting The Masters golf tournament each spring.
- Many non-British broadcasters referred to the Open as the "British" Open in their coverage until 2010, when The R&A introduced use of contractual terms in their media contracts, similar to the Masters, and now rights holders are obliged to refer to the tournament as "The Open".
- The city's famous golf course, the Augusta National Golf Club, hosts the first major golf tournament of each year, The Masters.
- The ESPN telecasts are co-produced with CBS Sports, mirroring the broadcast arrangements used by ESPN for the Masters Tournament.
- He was forced to skip the Arnold Palmer Invitational at the end of March 2014, and after undergoing back surgery, he announced on April 1 that he would miss the Masters for the first time since 1994.
- The program's success has also led CBS Sports to schedule events (such as the final round of the Masters Tournament and the second round and regional final games of the NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament) leading into 60 Minutes and the rest of the network's primetime lineup.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Masters Tournament