Televisions similar to or like Match Game
American television panel game show that premiered on NBC in 1962 and has been revived several times over the course of the next six decades. Wikipedia
American television panel show in which four celebrity panelists are presented with three contestants and must identify which is the "central character" whose unusual occupation or experience has been read aloud by the show's moderator/host. When the panelists question the contestants, the two impostors may lie whereas the "central character" must tell the truth. Wikipedia
Sentences forMatch Game
- The show took over the entire 3–4 pm/2-3 Central period, the latter part of which witnessed it beating back, to some degree, CBS' huge Match Game, then daytime's most popular program.
- On March 26, 1973, CBS moved The Price Is Right to 3:00 p.m. ET, pairing it with Match Game as part of what became the highest-rated pairing in daytime.
- In the summer of 2006, the program was ranked number 2 on GSN's list of the 50 Greatest Game Shows of All Time, second only to Match Game.
- Panel games made a comeback in American daytime television (where the lower budgets were tolerated) in the 1970s through comedy-driven shows such as Match Game and Hollywood Squares.
- Drag Races most popular seasonal maxi challenge is Snatch Game, a spoof on Match Game wherein contestants impersonate celebrities or famous fictional personas.
- The end game of Match Game, hosted for most of its run by Gene Rayburn, served as the impetus for a completely new game show.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Match Game