Settlements similar to or like Mathura
City in the Indian state of Uttar Pradesh. Wikipedia
- The first known depiction of the life of Krishna himself comes relatively late with a relief found in Mathura, and dated to the 1st-2nd century CE.
- The Indo-Scythians ultimately established a kingdom in the northwest south Asia, based near Taxila, with two great Satraps, one in Mathura in the east, and one in Surastrene (Gujarat) in the southwest.
- Numerous such stone tablets were discovered during excavations at ancient Jain sites like Kankali Tila near Mathura in Uttar Pradesh, India.
- The Kushan Empire era statues of Kartikeya, dated to 1st and 2nd-century CE, have been found at various sites in the Indian subcontinent, particularly at Mathura and Gandhara.
- The view is contested by some scholars who believe "Methora" refers to the north Indian city of Mathura, as it was a large and established city in the Mauryan Empire.
- It is built in close proximity to other holy sites such as the village of Gokul, Govardhana Hill, the Mathura palace, and various holy lakes.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Mathura