Holidays similar to or like May Day
Public holiday usually celebrated on 1 May or the first Monday of May. Wikipedia
Federal holiday in the United States celebrated on the first Monday in September to honor and recognize the American labor movement and the works and contributions of laborers to the development and achievements of the United States. Monday of the long weekend known as Labor Day Weekend. Wikipedia
Public holiday in the Falkland Islands that is celebrated on the first Monday in October every year. The time of year when Falkland Islanders went out to cut cubes of surface-soil peat which was then used as the primary fuel for heating homes and cooking food in the islands. Wikipedia
Sentences forMay Day
- The Nazi government declared a "Day of National Labor" for May Day 1933, and invited many trade union delegates to Berlin for celebrations.
- The play also intertwines the Midsummer Eve of the title with May Day, furthering the idea of a confusion of time and the seasons.
- During a league game on May Day, the referee gave two penalties to Cowley; supporters broke past security and players, resulting in the referee being "freely baited".
- Smith's grandchildren cut the ribbon when the world's tallest skyscraper opened on May 1, 1931, which was May Day, an international labor celebration.
- It has a knock-out format with 32 players, contested over 17 days ending on the first Monday in May, which is a public holiday in the United Kingdom.
- The Maifeld (Mayfield) was created as a huge lawn (11.2 hectares, 28 acres) for gymnastic demonstrations, specifically annual May Day celebrations by the government.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: May Day