Topics similar to or like Mayor
Highest-ranking official in a municipal government such as that of a city or a town. Wikipedia
Official in a municipal government such as that of a city or a town. Administratively headed by a Municipal Commissioner, who is the de facto head of the municipal corporation, the form of government which is usually granted to a city of more one million in population. Wikipedia
Divided into 10 different types of local governments – urban municipalities , specialized municipalities, rural municipalities (including municipal districts/counties, improvement districts and special areas), Métis settlements, and Indian reserves. All types of municipalities are governed by local residents and were incorporated under various provincial acts, with the exception of improvement districts (governed by either the provincial or federal government), and Indian reserves (governed by local First Nations people under federal jurisdiction). Wikipedia
- From 1266 until 1548, the terms Stadtpfleger (head of town council) and Mayor were used interchangeably, or occasionally, simultaneously.
- In January 1905, the institution of the City Governor, or Mayor, was officially introduced in Moscow, and Alexander Adrianov became Moscow's first official mayor.
- The city is governed by a civic administration or local government headed by Municipal Commissioner Kamal Kishore Yadav and Mayor Ravi Kant Sharma.
- The city gained the right to elect a Mayor, and was designated a county corporate in 1621, giving it autonomy from local government.
- The Mayor is the designated Chief Executive Officer of the city with the duty to see that all of the laws and ordinances of the city are enforced.
- The highest elected official of a town or city is usually the mayor.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Mayor