Settlements similar to or like Medina
One of the three holiest cities in Islam and the capital of the Medina Province of Saudi Arabia. Wikipedia
- The later Medinan suras mostly discuss social and legal issues relevant to the Muslim community.
- Muslims of Medina referred to the nomadic tribes of the deserts as the A'raab, and considered themselves sedentary, but were aware of their close racial bonds.
- The revolt started on 5 June 1916 from Medina and pushed northwards until the fighting reached Transjordan in the Battle of Aqaba on 6 July 1917.
- The Lihyanites ruled over large domain from Yathrib in the south and parts of the Levant in the north.
- This led to a group of rulers travelling to Medina, converting to Islam and subsequently driving a successful uprising against the unpopular Sasanids, who dominated the Northern coasts at the time.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Medina