Bodies of water similar to or like Mediterranean Sea
Sea connected to the Atlantic Ocean, surrounded by the Mediterranean Basin and almost completely enclosed by land: on the north by Western and Southern Europe and Anatolia, on the south by North Africa, and on the east by the Levant. Wikipedia
Cities are ordered by their position on the Mediterranean, from west to east. They can be reordered by name (alphabetically), country, subdivision of the Mediterranean, population size, or main language spoken in the city. Wikipedia
Region of lands around the Mediterranean Sea that have a Mediterranean climate, with mild, rainy winters and hot, dry summers, which supports characteristic Mediterranean forests, woodlands, and scrub vegetation. Koppen World Map (Mediterranean Sea area only).png-based map of the areas surrounding the Mediterranean Sea. Based on the work of M. C. Peel, B. L. Finlayson and T. A. McMahon at the University of Melbourne. For a full legend, see Legend of the Köppen–Geiger climate classification on the Wikimedia Commons. Wikipedia
Intergovernmental organization of 42 member states from Europe and the Mediterranean Basin: the 27 EU member states and 15 Mediterranean partner countries from North Africa, Western Asia and Southern Europe. Founded on 13 July 2008 at the Paris Summit for the Mediterranean, with an aim of reinforcing the Euro-Mediterranean Partnership that was set up in 1995 as the Barcelona Process. Wikipedia
Sentences forMediterranean Sea
- Economic growth, together with the lack of safety on the mainland trading routes, made possible the development of major commercial routes along the coast of the Mediterranean and Baltic Seas.
- The large water masses of the Mediterranean Sea, which equalize the temperatures on an annual and daily average, are also of particular importance.
- In 2004 there were 43 major seaports, including the seaport of Genoa, the country's largest and second largest in the Mediterranean Sea.
- The country is at the eastern end of the Mediterranean Sea, bounded by Lebanon to the north, Syria to the northeast, Jordan and the West Bank to the east, and Egypt and the Gaza Strip to the southwest.
- In the years after that, a story circulated, claiming that a statue of the Virgin Mary was retrieved from the sea after it miraculously helped to calm a storm in the Mediterranean Sea.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Mediterranean Sea