Australian places similar to or like Melbourne
Capital and most-populous city of the Australian state of Victoria, and the second-most populous city in Australia and Oceania. Wikipedia
Central built up area of the city of Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, centred on the Hoddle Grid, the oldest part of the city laid out in 1837, and includes its fringes. Not to be confused with the larger local government area of the City of Melbourne which includes this area and the inner suburbs around it. Wikipedia
Capital city of the state of New South Wales, and the most populous city in Australia and Oceania. Located on Australia's east coast, the metropolis surrounds Port Jackson and extends about 70 km on its periphery towards the Blue Mountains to the west, Hawkesbury to the north, the Royal National Park to the south and Macarthur to the south-west. Wikipedia
Capital of and the most populated city in the Australian state of Queensland, and the third most populous city in Australia. Brisbane's metropolitan area has a population of over 2.5 million, and the South East Queensland metropolitan region, centred on Brisbane, encompasses a population of more than 3.6 million. Wikipedia
- Nevertheless, Sydney exceeded Melbourne's population in the early twentieth century and remains Australia's largest city.
- The current 18 teams are based across five states of Australia; the majority (ten) still remain in Victoria, nine of which are located in the Melbourne metropolitan area.
- The design process of the official logo, as well as all other aspects of the Olympic Games' visual design identity, was awarded to Melbourne design studio FHA Image Design.
- Melbourne was the temporary seat of government from 1901 to 1927 while Canberra was being constructed.
- Winters along the coast of the state, particularly around Melbourne, are relatively mild (see chart at right).
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Melbourne