People similar to or like Meryl Streep
American actress and singer. Wikipedia
American actress Meryl Streep has been recognized with multiple awards and nominations for her work in film, television, and stage. She holds the record for the most Academy Award nominations of any actor, having been nominated twenty-one times—seventeen for Best Actress, and four for Best Supporting Actress—since the first nomination in 1978 for her performance in The Deer Hunter. Wikipedia
American actress, political activist, environmentalist, and former fashion model. Recipient of various accolades including two Academy Awards, two BAFTA Awards, seven Golden Globe Awards, a Primetime Emmy Award, the AFI Life Achievement Award, the Honorary Golden Lion, and the Cecil B. DeMille Award. Wikipedia
British Academy Film Award presented annually by the British Academy of Film and Television Arts to recognize an actress who has delivered an outstanding leading performance in a film. Note: Between 1964–1973, several actresses were nominated for multiple performances in a single year, these each count as one nomination. Wikipedia
First awarded by the Hollywood Foreign Press Association as a separate category in 1951. Single award for "Best Actress in a Motion Picture", but the splitting allowed for recognition of it and the Best Actress – Comedy or Musical. Wikipedia
Sentences forMeryl Streep
- Its first acquisition was a documentary entitled Girl Rising, a documentary narrated by Meryl Streep that focused on the struggles of girls' education.
- DeGeneres said she wanted to pay homage to Meryl Streep's record 17 Oscar nominations by setting a new record with her, and invited other Oscar celebrities to join them.
- In acting categories, Meryl Streep holds the record for the most competitive Golden Globe wins with eight, while including her receipt of the honorary Cecil B. DeMille Award she has nine wins.
- She stars as Ruby Sheridan, who is the grandmother of Sophie, played by Amanda Seyfried, and the mother of Donna, portrayed by Meryl Streep.
- In the 1995 film The Bridges of Madison County, Italian housewife Francesca Johnson (Meryl Streep), is mentioned as being from Bari and growing up in Naples.
- Starting with the Meryl Streep vehicle Plenty (1985), RKO took on more projects as sole studio backer.
- Starring Tom Hanks and Meryl Streep, production began in New York on May 30, 2017.
- Manhattan focuses on the complicated relationship between middle-aged Isaac Davis (Allen) and 17-year-old Tracy (Mariel Hemingway), and co-stars Diane Keaton and Meryl Streep.
- He expanded his repertoire by playing opposite Meryl Streep in The Bridges of Madison County (also 1995).
- In 2015, while promoting the film Suffragette (which has a 73% approval rating) actress Meryl Streep accused Rotten Tomatoes of disproportionately representing the opinions of male film critics, resulting in a skewed ratio that adversely affected the commercial performances of female-driven films.
- With 17 nominations, Meryl Streep is the most nominated in this category, resulting in two wins.
- The actress Meryl Streep played Alice, the White Queen, and Humpty Dumpty.
- Hepburn won four Academy Awards, the record number for a performer, and received a total of 12 Oscar nominations for Best Actress—a number surpassed only by Meryl Streep.
- Martin Scorsese and Meryl Streep honored him at the event.
- The film stars Meryl Streep and Julia Roberts.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Meryl Streep