Topics similar to or like Methodism
Group of historically related denominations of Protestant Christianity which derive their doctrine of practice and belief from the life and teachings of John Wesley. Wikipedia
Worldwide trans-denominational movement within Protestant Christianity that maintains the belief that the essence of the Gospel consists of the doctrine of salvation by grace alone, solely through faith in Jesus's atonement. Evangelicals believe in the centrality of the conversion or "born again" experience in receiving salvation, in the authority of the Bible as God's revelation to humanity, and in spreading the Christian message. Wikipedia
Form of Christianity that originated with the 16th-century Reformation, a movement against what its followers perceived to be errors in the Catholic Church. Protestants reject the Roman Catholic doctrine of papal supremacy and sacraments, but disagree among themselves regarding the real presence of Christ in the Eucharist, and matters of church polity and apostolic succession. Wikipedia
Theological tradition in Protestant Christianity that emphasizes the "methods" of the 18th-century evangelical reformer brothers John Wesley and Charles Wesley. More broadly it refers to the theological system inferred from the various sermons, theological treatises, letters, journals, diaries, hymns, and other spiritual writings of the Wesleys and their contemporary coadjutors such as John William Fletcher. Wikipedia
- Baptists formed the largest Evangelical Protestant group in Texas (14%); they made up the second largest Mainline Protestant group behind Methodists (4%).
- The second-largest Protestant denomination in North Carolina, after Baptist traditions, is Methodism.
- It gained great momentum in the 18th and 19th centuries with the emergence of Methodism and the Great Awakenings in Britain and North America.
- From the early 19th to the mid-20th century Methodism was the leading form of Christianity in Cornwall but it is now in decline.
- He was from the Methodist community, which is the largest and oldest Protestant church in the Republic, dating back to the late 19th century.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Methodism