Settlements similar to or like Metro Vancouver Regional District
Political body and corporate entity designated by provincial legislation as one of the regional districts in British Columbia, Canada. Wikipedia
Geographic and cultural region of the mainland coast of British Columbia that generally comprises the regional districts of Metro Vancouver and Fraser Valley. Home to approximately 2.83 million people as of the 2016 Canadian Census, the Lower Mainland contains sixteen of the province's thirty most populous municipalities and approximately 60% of the province's total population. Wikipedia
Sentences forMetro Vancouver Regional District
- Notably, there is no organization with broad powers as in other Canadian cities, such as the Communauté métropolitaine de Montréal and Metro Vancouver Regional District.
- The term "Greater Vancouver" is roughly coterminous with the geographic area governed by the Metro Vancouver Regional District, though it predates the 1966 creation of the regional district.
- Today, the Lower Mainland includes two regional districts: the Metro Vancouver Regional District (MVRD) and the Fraser Valley Regional District (FVRD).
- The City of Langley, commonly referred to as Langley City, is a municipality in the Metro Vancouver Regional District.
- Like Passage Island, Bowyer Island is also an unincorporated area and part of the Metro Vancouver Electoral Area A which is a member of the Metro Vancouver Regional District.
- SkyTrain is a light rapid transit system in the Metro Vancouver Regional District, serving Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, and surrounding municipalities.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Metro Vancouver Regional District