Countries similar to or like Mexico
Country in the southern portion of North America. Wikipedia
Integral territorial entity of the Spanish Empire, established by Habsburg Spain during the Spanish colonization of the Americas. It covered a huge area that included much of North America, northern parts of South America and several Pacific Ocean archipelagos, namely the Philippines and Guam. Wikipedia
Country in Central America bordered by Mexico to the north and west, Belize and the Caribbean to the northeast, Honduras to the east, El Salvador to the southeast and the Pacific Ocean to the south. Estimated population of around million, it is the most populous country in Central America and has the 11th largest national population in the Americas. Wikipedia
- While the region was under Spanish control, it became Mexico's second most-lucrative export, and is now regaining some of the ground it lost to synthetic competitors.
- The area became a part of Mexico in 1821 following its successful war for independence but was ceded to the United States in 1848 after the Mexican–American War.
- Texas is nicknamed the "Lone Star State" for its former status as an independent republic, and as a reminder of the state's struggle for independence from Mexico.
- In 1821, the Mexican War of Independence gave Mexico (including California) independence from Spain.
- New Spain achieved its independence from the Spanish Empire in 1821, and the pueblo continued as a part of Mexico.
- Around 240,000 Spaniards emigrated in the 16th century, mostly to Mexico.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Mexico