National football teams similar to or like Mexico national football team
Governed by the Mexican Football Federation (Federación Mexicana de Fútbol). Wikipedia
Governed by Panamanian Football Federation, The team represents all three FIFA, CONCACAF and the regional UNCAF. Panama qualified for the FIFA World Cup for the first time for the 2018 tournament in Russia and scored their first goal of the World Cup against England, although they lost the match 6–1. Wikipedia
Controlled by the Nicaraguan Football Federation. Nicaragua achieved its first qualification to a major international competition in 2009, as they qualified for the 2009 Gold Cup as the last entrant from Central America, after a 2–0 win over Guatemala in the fifth place match in the 2009 Nations Cup. Wikipedia
Controlled by the Asociación de Fútbol de Cuba, The team's nickname is Leones del Caribe (Lions of Caribbean), The team represents all three FIFA, Caribbean Football Union and Confederation of North, Central American and Caribbean Association Football (CONCACAF). They were the first Caribbean team to get to the World Cup Quarter finals – they did so in 1938. Wikipedia
The Trinidad and Tobago national football team, nicknamed the "Soca Warriors", represents the twin-island Republic of Trinidad and Tobago in international football. Controlled by the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association, which is a member of CONCACAF , the Caribbean Football Union (CFU), and the global jurisdiction of FIFA. Wikipedia
Controlled by the Curaçao Football Federation (Federashon Futbòl Kòrsou; FFK). Following a constitutional change that allowed its predecessor, the Colony of Curaçao and Dependencies to become a unified constituent country consisting of several island territories as the Netherlands Antilles and its dissolution in 2010, Curaçao has played under a new constitutional status as a separate constituent country since 2011. Wikipedia
This article summarizes the outcomes of all official matches played by the Mexico national football team by opponent and by year. Note: Mexico's goals are placed first. Wikipedia
National team of Antigua and Barbuda and is controlled by the Antigua and Barbuda Football Association, a member of the Confederation of North, Central American and Caribbean Association Football and the Caribbean Football Union. The Benna Boys due to the indigenous music of the country. Wikipedia
Sentences forMexico national football team
- Despite winning all their qualifying matches and the Confederations Cup the previous year, Germany started their 2018 World Cup campaign with a defeat to Mexico.
- The first two World Cup matches took place simultaneously on 13 July 1930, and were won by France and the US, who defeated Mexico 4–1 and Belgium 3–0 respectively.
- England beat Ireland 9–0 at the Racecourse Ground in 1895, beat Ireland again, 2–1, at the Baseball Ground in 1911 and, most recently, Pride Park hosted England's 4–0 win over Mexico in May 2001.
- In the same year, Neil Lennon became the first Crewe Alexandra player to gain an International cap for 60 years when he was selected to play for Northern Ireland against Mexico.
- This set the stage for a face-off with continental rivals Mexico, the first time they met in a World Cup.
- The U.S. qualified for the 1934 World Cup by defeating Mexico 4–2 in Italy a few days before the finals started.
- Despite this loss, Sweden advanced to the knockout stage top of the group with a 3–0 win over Mexico, while Germany were knocked out bottom of the group with a 2–0 loss to South Korea.
- The teams of Mexico and the United States are widely considered as the two major powers of CONCACAF.
- In the special pot, Serbia and Montenegro was drawn first, then their group was drawn from the three seeded non-European nations, Argentina, Brazil, and Mexico.
- Its important venues in Mexico City include the Azteca Stadium, home to the Mexico national football team and giants América, which can seat 91,653 fans, making it the biggest stadium in Latin America.
- In the final, the United States beat Mexico 2–1, which qualified it for the 2009 Confederations Cup.
- Portugal coasted through in Group D, picking up the maximum number of points, with Mexico qualifying in second.
- The Mexico national football team is the only CONCACAF team to win an official FIFA tournament by winning the 1999 FIFA Confederations Cup.
- Portugal finished first place in Group D of the World Cup, with victories over Angola (1–0), Iran (2–0) and Mexico (2–1).
- Switzerland (quarter-finals 1954), Sweden (runners-up in 1958), Chile (third place in 1962), South Korea (fourth place in 2002), and Mexico (quarter-finals in 1970 and 1986) all have their best results when serving as hosts.
- After finishing top of Group B, the Dutch defeated Mexico 2–1 in the round of 16, with Wesley Sneijder equalising late in the match and Klaas-Jan Huntelaar scoring a controversial penalty after a foul on Arjen Robben in stoppage time.
- They lost their final match 1–2 against Mexico and finished in fourth place in Group A. One month later, in the EAFF East Asian Cup, they started out with a 3–3 draw to China.
- In the final first-round match Poland met Mexico.
- Moreover, their sponsored national teams include Germany, Spain, Mexico, Argentina, Sweden, Japan and Russia.
- Until 1982, the only teams from outside Europe and South America to advance out of the first round were: USA, semi-finalists in 1930; Cuba, quarter-finalists in 1938; North Korea, quarter-finalists in 1966; and Mexico, quarter-finalists in 1970.
- This time they were drawn with Mexico, Norway and Italy.
- The strong Welsh squad made their mark in Sweden, drawing all the matches in their group against Hungary, Mexico and Sweden before defeating Hungary in a play-off match to reach the quarter-finals against Brazil.
- Mexico had its first successful qualification campaign since 1978, failing to qualify in 1982, qualifying as hosts in 1986 and being banned for the Cachirules scandal in 1990.
- Group G saw Italy, Ecuador, Croatia and Mexico play against each other.
- Summer Olympics 2012 – Mexico
- At the 1950 World Cup, Switzerland were drawn in a group with Brazil, Yugoslavia and Mexico, where they lost 4–0 to Yugoslavia in the opening match, drew 2–2 with Brazil in their second match and beating Mexico 2–1 in their final group mach, and finished third in their group.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Mexico national football team