College sports rivalries similar to or like Michigan–Michigan State football rivalry
American college football rivalry between the University of Michigan Wolverines and the Michigan State University Spartans. Wikipedia
American college football rivalry game played by the Wolverines of the University of Michigan and Maroons of the University of Chicago. The most important game of the season for the two schools, which were the first major football powers in what was then considered the western United States. Wikipedia
American college football series between the Illinois Fighting Illini and Michigan Wolverines. The series dates back to 1898 and features two long-time Big Ten members, with Illinois claiming five national championships, 15 Big Ten Conference titles, and 24 consensus All-Americans, and Michigan claiming 11 national championships, 42 Big Ten titles, and 81 consensus All-Americans. Wikipedia
American college football rivalry game played annually between the University of Michigan Wolverines and The Ohio State University Buckeyes. It gathered particular national interest as most of the games from the 1970s through the mid-2000s determined the Big Ten Conference title and the resulting Rose Bowl Game match ups, and many influenced the outcome of the national college football championship. Wikipedia
Sentences forMichigan–Michigan State football rivalry
- Leaving Spartan Stadium for the first time on the season, the Spartans traveled to take on rival Michigan in a matchup for the Paul Bunyon Trophy.
- After its game against Wisconsin, Michigan traveled to East Lansing to face its in-state rival, the Michigan State Spartans, in the battle for the Paul Bunyan Trophy.
- The crowd of 105,132 at Michigan Stadium was the largest crowd to watch a Michigan–Michigan State game up to that point.
- After its game against Maryland and having a second bye week, Michigan hosted its in-state rival, the Michigan State Spartans in the battle for the Paul Bunyan Trophy.
- McDonough was also behind the mic for the fumbled punt in the final seconds of the Michigan State-Michigan football game on October 17, 2015, that resulted in the game-winning touchdown for the Spartans.
- With attendance at 77,134, the game drew the largest crowd to that date in the history of the Michigan–Michigan State football rivalry.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Michigan–Michigan State football rivalry