Os similar to or like Microsoft Windows
Group of several proprietary graphical operating system families, all of which are developed and marketed by Microsoft. Wikipedia
System software that manages computer hardware, software resources, and provides common services for computer programs. Time-sharing operating systems schedule tasks for efficient use of the system and may also include accounting software for cost allocation of processor time, mass storage, printing, and other resources. Wikipedia
Series of operating systems developed by Microsoft and released as part of its Windows NT family of operating systems. Successor to Windows 8.1, released nearly two years earlier, and was released to manufacturing on July 15, 2015, and broadly released for the general public on July 29, 2015. Wikipedia
Operating system for x86-based personal computers mostly developed by Microsoft. Collectively, MS-DOS, its rebranding as IBM PC DOS, and some operating systems attempting to be compatible with MS-DOS, are sometimes referred to as "DOS" (which is also the generic acronym for disk operating system). Wikipedia
Business-oriented operating system that was produced by Microsoft and was released as part of the Windows NT family of operating systems. Succeeded by Windows XP in 2001, releasing to manufacturing on December 15, 1999 and being officially released to retail on February 17, 2000. Wikipedia
Operating system produced by Microsoft as a member of the Windows NT family of operating systems for use on personal computers. Completed on November 8, 2006, and over the following three months, it was released in stages to computer hardware and software manufacturers, business customers and retail channels. Wikipedia
Graphical operating environment for personal computers, developed by Microsoft. Microsoft had worked with Apple Computer to develop applications for Apple's January 1984 original Macintosh, the first mass-produced personal computer with a graphical user-interface (GUI) that enabled users to see user-friendly icons on screen. Wikipedia
Microsoft codenames are given by Microsoft to products it has in development, before these products are given the names by which they appear on store shelves. Many of these products (new versions of Windows in particular) are of major significance to the IT community, and so the terms are often widely used in discussions prior to the official release. Wikipedia
Computer program at the core of a computer's operating system that has complete control over everything in the system. The "portion of the operating system code that is always resident in memory", and facilitates interactions between hardware and software components. Wikipedia
Mobile device, typically with a mobile operating system and touchscreen display processing circuitry, and a rechargeable battery in a single, thin and flat package. Tablets, being computers, do what other personal computers do, but lack some input/output (I/O) abilities that others have. Wikipedia
Sentences forMicrosoft Windows
- Microsoft released Microsoft Windows on November 20, 1985, as a graphical extension for MS-DOS, despite having begun jointly developing OS/2 with IBM the previous August.
- Although Apple's market share in computers had grown, it remained far behind its competitor Microsoft Windows, accounting for about 8% of desktops and laptops in the US.
- Telugu input, display, and support were initially provided on the Microsoft Windows platform.
- Sometimes, due to its use on Microsoft Windows, FLE Standard Time (for Finland, Lithuania, Estonia, or sometimes Finland, Latvia, Estonia ) or GTB Standard Time (for Greece, Turkey, Bulgaria) are used to refer to Eastern European Time.
- Throughout this period, Microsoft continued to gain market share with Windows by focusing on delivering software to inexpensive personal computers, while Apple was delivering a richly engineered but expensive experience.
- If measuring market share by installed base, there were more than 20 million Mac users by 1997, compared to an installed base of around 340 million Windows PCs.
- Within the market of desktop, laptop and home computers, and by web usage, it is the second most widely used desktop OS, after Microsoft Windows.
- The installable client was available to users of PCs running Microsoft Windows.
- As the market for personal computers expanded and evolved through the 1990s, Apple lost considerable market share to the lower-priced duopoly of Microsoft Windows on Intel PC clones.
- These programs allow users to run Microsoft Windows or previously Windows-only software on Macs at near native speed.
- This feature was later expanded to enable PS4 Remote Play functionality on Microsoft Windows PCs and on Apple OS X Macs.
- As a result, Microsoft no longer ships Java with Windows.
- Intel chips introduced the potential to run the Microsoft Windows operating system natively on Apple hardware, without emulation software such as Virtual PC.
- While the PSP Go can download games to itself, users can also download and transfer games to the device from a PlayStation 3 console, or the Windows-based software Media Go.
- A Windows compatible Kinect 2.0 was released on July 15, 2014.
- These names are also used in Microsoft Windows.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Microsoft Windows