Horseracing personalities similar to or like Mike E. Smith
American jockey who has been one of the leading riders in U.S. Thoroughbred racing since the early 1990s, was inducted into the National Museum of Racing and Hall of Fame in 2003, and has won the most Breeders' Cup races of any jockey with 26 Breeders' Cup wins. Wikipedia
Founded in 1951 in Saratoga Springs, New York, to honor the achievements of American Thoroughbred race horses, jockeys, and trainers. In 1955, the museum moved to its current location on Union Avenue near Saratoga race course, at which time inductions into the hall of fame began. Wikipedia
Retired Chilean thoroughbred jockey who has been honored by the National Museum of Racing and Hall of Fame in the United States. Jose Santos first raced horses at the Club Hípico de Concepción in his native Chile, following in the footsteps of his father and three of his seven brothers, and in Colombia before moving to the United States in 1984. Wikipedia
List of Thoroughbred horse races in the United States and Canada that meet the graded stakes standards maintained by the American Graded Stakes Committee of the Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders Association and the Jockey Club of Canada. Then assigned to the race, based on statistical analysis of the quality of the field in previous years, provided the race meets the minimum purse criteria for the grade in question. Wikipedia
Thoroughbred horse race in the United States that meets the criteria of the American Graded Stakes Committee of the Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders Association . Then assigned to the race, based on statistical analysis of the quality of the field in previous years, provided the race meets the minimum purse criteria for the grade in question. Wikipedia
Sentences forMike E. Smith
- Sutherland had an on-again-off-again relationship with Hall of Fame jockey Mike E. Smith for six years, until 2010.
- He made several changes including a new bit, custom blinkers and using experienced jockey Mike Smith.
- It was also the first time she was ridden by Hall of Fame jockey Mike Smith, who rode her thereafter for the remainder of her career.
- Arrogate's jockey, Mike Smith, commented, "Chrome just didn't fire his race today at all."
- "It was great to be among the final three with a Hall of Famer like Mike Smith and a future Hall of Famer in Javier (Castellano)," he said.
- Bejarano elected to ride another of Baffert's horses, American Freedom, so veteran jockey Mike Smith picked up the ride.
- The challenge was won by American Hall of Fame jockey Mike Smith, Swiss-born Germany based Sibylle Vogt was second while Lisa was third equal with French jockey Mickaelle Michel.
- At 52, Mike Smith became the oldest jockey to win the Triple Crown, riding Justify in 2018.
- After fractions of 22.6 and 45.8, jockey Mike Smith slowed down Royal Delta a bit and nursed her one-length lead.
- Nonetheless, on September 27, with Mike Smith riding her for the first time, she won the Zenyatta Stakes for a second time, winning by 3⁄4 of a length over Tiz Midnight and Iotapa.
- First Dude went to the early lead, while jockey Mike Smith kept Drosselmeyer a few lengths behind on the outside of the pack.
- She was trained by John Shirreffs and guided by jockey Mike Smith for 17 of 20 starts.
- The mount on Mine That Bird went to Mike Smith.
- Of Napravnik's ride in the Louisiana Derby, veteran hall of fame jockey Mike Smith, who rode the favorite but finished second, said, "She rode a great race. A brilliant race actually."
- "This," said jockey Mike Smith, "was the real Holy Bull."
- She was usually ridden by jockey Mike Smith.
- Lukas switched Jon Court to ride stablemate Will Take Charge, and Oxbow was given yet another jockey, Mike Smith.
- But the combination would begin to soar in the fall of 1994, when Mott picked Bailey to ride his improving 4-year-old Cigar in the NYRA Mile after Mike Smith instead chose to ride multiple stakes winner Devil His Due.
- Giacomo, ridden by Mike E. Smith won the 2005 Kentucky Derby in a time of 2:02.75.
- This time, Hall of Fame jockey Mike E. Smith rode Authentic.
- In the 2010 Belmont Stakes held on June 5, Drosselmeyer and his new jockey Mike Smith went off at odds of 13-1.
- On July 7, the horse, ridden by Mike E. Smith for the first time, won the inaugural running of the Grade II Los Alamitos Derby, beating a Kentucky Derby participant, Candy Boy, by four and a quarter lengths.
- Mike Smith piloted him to the win over Fly Cry and Tossofthecoin.
- Palace Malice was one of 19 colts to contest the 139th Kentucky Derby at Churchill Downs in which he was ridden by the 47-year-old veteran Mike E. Smith and started at odds of 23.7/1.
- Ridden by jockey Mike Smith
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Mike E. Smith