Islands similar to or like Mindanao
Second-largest island in the Philippines, after Luzon. Wikipedia
In the Philippines, regions (rehiyon; ISO 3166-2:PH) are administrative divisions that primarily serve to coordinate planning and organize national government services across multiple local government units (LGUs). Most national government offices provide services through their regional branches instead of having direct provincial or city offices. Wikipedia
Full list of primary-level subdivisions of local government in the Philippines. As of June 30, 2019, there are 81 provinces, 33 highly urbanized cities , 5 independent component cities , and one independent municipality. Wikipedia
- It measures up to 2954 m above sea level and is located on the island of Mindanao.
- The culture within Mindanao and the Sulu Archipelago developed separately to that of the rest of the country, due to very limited degree of Spanish influence and greater influence from nearby Islamic regions.
- These ensembles are also common in neighbouring regions such as in Mindanao in the Philippines, Kalimantan in Indonesia, and Brunei.
- On 20 October 1944 the US Sixth Army, supported by naval and air bombardment, landed on the favorable eastern shore of Leyte, north of Mindanao.
- Tagalog is also the predominant language of Cotabato City in Mindanao, making it the only place outside of Luzon with a native Tagalog speaking majority.
- In the last quarter of the 19th century, Spain conquered portions of Mindanao and Jolo, and the Moro Muslims in the Sultanate of Sulu formally recognized Spanish sovereignty.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Mindanao