Nobles similar to or like Mir Jumla II
Prominent subahdar of Bengal under the Mughal Emperor Aurangzeb. Wikipedia
Sentences forMir Jumla II
- For three years they were not attacked, but in 1660 Mir Jumla II, the viceroy of Bengal, was ordered to recover the lost territories.
- Muslims of Golkonda conquered the region in 1594 when Mir Jumla II raided Gandikota fort and defeated Chinna Thimma Nayudu by treachery.
- The kingdom came under repeated Mughal attacks in the 17th century, and on one occasion in 1662, the Mughals under Mir Jumla occupied the capital, Garhgaon.
- Shaista Khan was appointed the Subahdar of Bengal upon the death of Mir Jumla II in 1663.
- Shah Shuja proclaimed himself as Emperor, but Aurangzeb ascended the throne of Dehli and sent Mir Jumla to subjugate Shuja.
- Mir Jumla II came to know of the situation and sent three men to Manipur in late December 1661, to detain and retrieve Shuja's family.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Mir Jumla II