Topics similar to or like Monogamy
Form of dyadic relationship in which an individual has only one partner during their lifetime—alternately, only one partner at any one time —as compared to non-monogamy (e.g., polygamy or polyamory). Wikipedia
Umbrella term for every practice or philosophy of non-dyadic intimate relationship that does not strictly hew to the standards of monogamy, particularly that of having only one person with whom to exchange sex, love, and/or affection. In that sense, "nonmonogamy" may be accurately applied to extramarital sex, group marriage, or polyamory. Wikipedia
Form of non-monogamy in which the partners of a dyadic marriage agree that each may engage in extramarital sexual relationships, without this being regarded by them as infidelity, and consider or establish an open relationship despite the implied monogamy of marriage. There are variant forms of open marriage such as swinging and polyamory, each with the partners having varying levels of input on their spouse's activities. Wikipedia
Terminology within polyamory looks at the evolution and meaning of the word "polyamory" itself, as well as alternative definitions and concepts which closely relate to it. The word polyamory has been applied to the practice or lifestyle of being open to the possibility of people having more than one loving, intimate relationship at a time, with full knowledge and consent by all partners involved. Wikipedia
- The marital customs among the Inuit were not strictly monogamous: many Inuit relationships were implicitly or explicitly sexual.
- Monogamous marriages were also normal, although nobles and high officials were wealthy enough to afford and support concubines as additional lovers.
- In this case, an individual has only one (official) partner during their lifetime or at any one time (i.e. serial monogamy).
- The two became inseparable and lifelong companions, initiating a romantic relationship, though they were not monogamous.
- In Season 3, Bo asked Lauren to join her in a physically monogamous relationship, but her feeding needs ultimately made it unsustainable.
- Monogamy is the general rule, although an alternative mate is often selected if one dies.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Monogamy