Topics similar to or like Mother church
Term depicting the Christian Church as a mother in her functions of nourishing and protecting the believer. Wikipedia
In certain Christian churches, holy orders are the ordained ministries of bishop, priest (presbyter), and deacon, and the sacrament or rite by which candidates are ordained to those orders. Churches recognizing these orders include the Catholic Church, the Eastern Orthodox (ιερωσύνη [hierōsynē], ιεράτευμα [hierateuma], Священство [Svyashchenstvo]), Oriental Orthodox, Anglican, Assyrian, Old Catholic, Independent Catholic and some Lutheran churches. Wikipedia
Protestant ecclesiological term referring to the church invisible comprising all Christians, used since the Protestant Reformation in the 16th century. In this understanding, "Christian Church" (or "catholic church") does not refer to a particular Christian denomination but to the "body" or "group" of believers, both defined in various ways. Wikipedia
Concept and principle in which Christians belonging to different Christian denominations work together to develop closer relationships among their churches and promote Christian unity. Thus applied to any interdenominational initiative that encourages greater cooperation between Christians and their churches. Wikipedia
Sentences forMother church
- Now occupying its third building, St Paul's is known as the 'Mother Church' of Auckland as it is the oldest church community in the city and was founded within a year of the foundation of the city.
- On 1 July 2018, the Patriarch Bartholomew said that Constantinople was the Mother church of the Orthodox Church of Ukraine and declared that
- It is the Mother church of 12 other churches constituted out of the parish over the following 156 years.
- The "cathedral idea"—the concept that a bishop's main church is more than a parish church, and is the "Mother church"—had not yet taken hold in the United States.
- It is the Mother church of 12 other churches, among them this parish, that were constituted out of St. Brigid's over the following 156 years.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Mother church