Topics similar to or like Music video
Short film that integrates a song with imagery, and is produced for promotional or artistic purposes. Wikipedia
Practice of promotion specifically in the film industry, and usually occurs in coordination with the process of film distribution. Sometimes called the press junket or film junket, film promotion generally includes press releases, advertising campaigns, merchandising, franchising, media and interviews with the key people involved with the making of the film, like actors and directors. Wikipedia
Not clearly defined, the commercial, public screening of ten of Lumière brothers' short films in Paris on 28 December 1895 can be regarded as the breakthrough of projected cinematographic motion pictures. There had been earlier cinematographic results and screenings but these lacked either the quality or the momentum that propelled the cinématographe Lumière into a worldwide success. Wikipedia
Popular song of 1894 by Edward B. Marks and Joseph W. Stern which sold more than two million copies of its sheet music following its promotion as the first ever illustrated song, an early precursor to the music video. Also known by its first three words: "A Passing Policeman." Wikipedia
2011 American non-narrative documentary film of international imagery directed by Ron Fricke and produced by Mark Magidson, who also collaborated on Baraka , a film of a similar vein, and Chronos (1985). Filmed over a period of five years in 25 different countries around the world. Wikipedia
Annual film festival held to celebrate short films from the former Soviet Union. The 5th Annual International Film Festival Kyrgyzstan - Land of Short Films will be held December 12 to December 15, 2015 in Bishkek, Kyrgyz Republic. Wikipedia
Italian-born film director, producer, screenwriter, and video artist who lives in New York City, known for his award-winning short films Socks and Cakes , Jack Attack (2013), Eveless (2016), and his first feature, The Last Prosecco (2017). Selected by more than fifty international film festivals and won dozens of awards and other honors. Wikipedia
Visual art used to simulate experiences that communicate ideas, stories, perceptions, feelings, beauty or atmosphere by the means of recorded or programmed moving images along with other sensory stimulations. Often used to refer to filmmaking and the film industry, and to the art form that is the result of it. Wikipedia
List of animated television series, made-for-television films, direct-to-video films, theatrical short subjects, and feature films produced by Hanna-Barbera Productions . This list does not include the animated theatrical shorts William Hanna and Joseph Barbera produced while employed by MGM. Wikipedia
Sentences forMusic video
- In addition to its sound and lyrics, a heavy metal band's image is expressed in album cover art, logos, stage sets, clothing, design of instruments, and music videos.
- In 1985, Dire Straits' single "Money for Nothing" gained massive exposure on MTV thanks to its innovative computer-animated music video, propelling the single to #1 in the US.
- In addition, the music video for "White & Nerdy" depicts Yankovic defacing Atlantic's article on Wikipedia, replacing the whole page with "YOU SUCK!"
- Thanks to its quirky music video, which was put on high rotation on MTV, the single "Whip It" reached #14 on the Billboard pop chart, becoming the group's biggest American hit.
- In 1982, with the emergence and popularization of the music video, the AFE changed its name to Phonographic and Videographic Association of Spain (Asociación Fonográfica y Videográfica de España) (AFYVE).
- The company calls them Single Vs.
- Various techniques are often employed to "pad" television movies with low budgets and underdeveloped scripts, such as music video-style montages, flashbacks, or repeated footage, and extended periods of dramatic slow motion footage.
- The original purpose of the channel was to build upon the success of MTV by playing music videos targeting a slightly older demographic than its sister channel, focusing on the lighter, softer side of popular music.
- A record label, or record company, is a brand or trademark associated with the marketing of music recordings and music videos.
- In 2003, MTV Networks VSPOT, a broadband video channel that followed the model of MTV Overdrive, containing the shows aired by VH1 and music videos.
- The threshold quantity varies by type (such as album, single, music video) and by nation or territory (see List of music recording certifications).
- Kuala Lumpur, along with Sepang, was featured in the music video for the single "Gerimis Mengundang" by Elizabeth Tan.
- Many scholars consider the "Bohemian Rhapsody" music video ground-breaking, crediting it with popularising the medium.
- MTV originally aired music videos as guided by television personalities known as "video jockeys" (VJs), but in the years since its inception, the network significantly toned down its focus on music in favor of original reality programming targeting teenagers and young adults.
- The latter featured "Bohemian Rhapsody", which stayed at number one in the UK for nine weeks and helped popularise the music video format.
- Available content includes video clips, TV show clips, music videos, short and documentary films, audio recordings, movie trailers, live streams, and other content such as video blogging, short original videos, and educational videos.
- His music videos, including those for "Beat It", "Billie Jean", and "Thriller" from his 1982 album Thriller, are credited with breaking racial barriers and transforming the medium into an art form and promotional tool.
- The films, described by Harrison as "the forerunner of videos", aired on The Ed Sullivan Show and Top of the Pops in June 1966.
- The band decided to make a video to help go with the single and hired Trilion, a subsidiary of the former management company Trident Studios, using new technology to create the video; the result is generally considered to have been the first "true" music video ever produced, and popularised the medium.
- In 2014, the Irish charts first included music streaming data and in 2018, music video streaming data was included for the first time.
- Rihanna has worked with music video director Anthony Mandler on more than a dozen music videos, the first being "Unfaithful" (2006).
- Though all certifying bodies give awards for album sales or shipments, many also certify singles, paid digital downloads, music videos, music DVDs, and master ringtones.
- Initially the service only hosted music videos from Universal Music Group and Sony Music Entertainment, syndicated on YouTube and its app, and the advertising revenue is shared by Google and Vevo.
- Commercially released CD singles can vary in length from two songs (an A side and B side, in the tradition of 7" 45rpm records) up to six songs like an EP. Some contain multiple mixes of one or more songs (known as remixes), in the tradition of 12" vinyl singles, and in some cases, they may also contain a music video for the single itself as well as a collectible poster.
- For example, in 1894, Edward B. Marks and Joe Stern released The Little Lost Child, which sold more than a million copies nationwide, based mainly on its success as an illustrated song, analogous to today's music videos.
- On June 9, 2008, Rihanna released Good Girl Gone Bad Live, her first live long-form video.
- A music video (also promo) is a short film or video that accompanies a complete piece of music, most commonly a song.
- BET Hip-Hop is a music video network owned by BET Networks which is exclusive to digital cable systems.
- Batchelor also states that despite grunge musicians' discomfort with the major labels' commercial goals, and the resistance by some key bands to do the promotional activities required by the labels, including music videos, MTV's video programs "... played an instrumental role in making [grunge]" become "... mainstream, since many music fans received their first exposure" on MTV, rather than on local or "niche radio."
- Initially broadcasting for two hours a week as a block of programming on the Madison Square Garden Sports Network (which would change their name to USA Network three months after BET launched), the network's lineup consisted of music videos and reruns of popular black sitcoms.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Music video