Organizations similar to or like NATO
Intergovernmental military alliance between 30 European and North American countries. Wikipedia
The founding treaty of the Western Union between 1948 and 1954, when it was amended as the Modified Brussels Treaty (MTB) and served as the founding treaty of the Western European Union (WEU) until its termination in 2010. The treaty provided for the organisation of military, economic, social and cultural cooperation among member states as well as a mutual defence clause. Wikipedia
- They dominated the military affairs of Europe, with the U.S. and its NATO allies on one side and the Soviet Union and its Warsaw Pact allies on the other.
- Post-war division of the world was formalised by two international military alliances, the United States-led NATO and the Soviet-led Warsaw Pact.
- Since World War II, the Netherlands has become a member of a large number of international organisations, most prominently the UN, NATO and the EU.
- The country's national security goal is to further integrate with NATO and European defence, economic, and political institutions.
- France was one of the founding members of NATO (1949).
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: NATO