Military conflicts similar to or like Napoleonic Wars
The Napoleonic Wars (1803–1815) were a series of major conflicts pitting the French Empire and its allies, led by Napoleon I, against a fluctuating array of European powers formed into various coalitions. Wikipedia
The empire ruled by Napoleon Bonaparte, who established French hegemony over much of continental Europe at the beginning of the 19th century. Although France had already established a colonial empire overseas since the early 17th century, the French state had remained a kingdom under the Bourbons and a republic after the French Revolution. Wikipedia
List of wars involving France and its predecessor states. Incomplete list of French and proto-French wars and battles from the foundation of Francia by Clovis I, the Merovingian king who united all the Frankish tribes and northern Gallo-Romans in the 5th century, to the current Fifth Republic. Wikipedia
Sentences forNapoleonic Wars
- In 1806 the Imperium was dissolved; France, Russia, Prussia and the Habsburgs (Austria) competed for hegemony in the German states during the Napoleonic Wars.
- In interest of re-establishing Swedish dominance in the Baltic Sea, Sweden allied itself against its traditional ally and benefactor, France, in the Napoleonic Wars.
- Following the recession caused by the Napoleonic Wars, economic development of Norway remained slow until economic growth began around 1830.
- The officers of the Napoleonic Wars brought ideas of liberalism back to Russia with them and attempted to curtail the tsar's powers during the abortive Decembrist revolt of 1825.
- The political map of Europe is substantially derived from the re-organisation of Europe following the Napoleonic Wars in 1815.
- Following the end of the Napoleonic Wars, it was formally ceded to Great Britain and became an integral part of the British Empire.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Napoleonic Wars