Topics similar to or like Narragansett Bay
Bay and estuary on the north side of Rhode Island Sound covering 147 mi2 , 120.5 mi2 (312 km2) of which is in Rhode Island. Wikipedia
Sentences forNarragansett Bay
- The mean elevation of the state is 200 ft. It is only 37 mi wide and 48 mi long, yet the state has a tidal shoreline on Narragansett Bay and the Atlantic Ocean of 384 mi.
- Route 4 is a major north–south freeway linking Providence and Warwick (via I-95) with suburban and beach communities along Narragansett Bay.
- Bristol is situated on 10.1 sqmi of a peninsula (the smaller sub-peninsula on the west is called Poppasquash), with Narragansett Bay on its west and Mount Hope Bay on its east.
- On July 10, 1780, a French expedition arrived in Narragansett Bay off Newport with an army of 450 officers and 5,300 men, sent by King Louis XVI and commanded by Rochambeau.
- The Americans asked d'Estaing to place his ships in Narragansett Bay, but he refused and sought to defeat the British fleet at sea.
- It is located in Narragansett Bay approximately 33 mi southeast of Providence, 20 mi south of Fall River, Massachusetts, 74 mi south of Boston, and 180 mi northeast of New York City.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Narragansett Bay