Organizations similar to or like National LGBTQ Task Force
American social justice advocacy non-profit organizing the grassroots power of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer community. Wikipedia
Organization which sought to fight discrimination against and promote the leadership and wellness for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and questioning youth. Founded in 1993 as the National Advocacy Coalition on Youth and Sexual Orientation, a project of the Hetrick-Martin Institute. Wikipedia
Social justice, advocacy and capacity building organization serving and supporting queer and lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) people, uniquely focusing its work in the southern United States through community organizing for economic and racial justice. Founded at the National LGBTQ Task Force's 1993 Creating Change conference with the goal of building progressive movements across the American South by six women, including Mandy Carter and Mab Segrest. Wikipedia
American social justice advocacy non-profit whose mission is to build the power and increase the visibility of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer Asian Pacific Islander community. Founded in 2004 in response to a large rally against same-sex marriage organized by the Chinese Christian community in the San Francisco Bay Area. Wikipedia
Social justice, advocacy and capacity building organization serving and supporting state-based lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender advocacy organizations in the United States. In 1997, a group of state-based LGBT advocacy organizations came together to form the Equality Federation, which originally operated as a volunteer-run coalition. Wikipedia
U.S.-based social justice organization that supports acceptance of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, and intersex people through creative forms of nonviolent direct action. Inspired by the principles of relentless nonviolent resistance as taught and practiced by Mahatma Gandhi and Martin Luther King Jr. Wikipedia
Sentences forNational LGBTQ Task Force
- A coalition of progressive Jewish-American groups denounced the ban in a joint statement, and the National LGBTQ Task Force withdrew their support for the D.C. Dyke March.
- In 1977, The Bromfield Street Educational Foundation and the National Gay Task Force joined together to sue the federal prison system and won the right for prisoners to receive gay publications in jail.
- With the support of the National Gay and Lesbian Task Force, Keisling established the National Center for Transgender Equality in 2003.
- For more than 10 years, Vaid worked in various capacities at the National LGBTQ Task Force (NGLTF), the oldest national LGBT civil rights organization; first as its media director, then as executive director, and as director of its Policy Institute Think-tank.
- In 2008, NCTE partnered with the National LGBTQ Task Force and Pennsylvania State University's Center for the Study of Higher Education to launch the National Transgender Discrimination Survey (NTDS).
- In 2013 she was the featured performer at the National LGBTQ Task Force's 25th National Conference on LGBT Equality: Creating Change in Atlanta GA where she explained that she had come out for all of the young LGBT people.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: National LGBTQ Task Force