Settlements similar to or like New England
Region comprising six states in the Northeastern United States: Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and Vermont. Wikipedia
New Englanders are the inhabitants of the New England region in the Northeastern United States. Beginning with the New England Colonies, the name "New Englander" refers to those who live in the six New England states or those with cultural or family ties to the region. Wikipedia
Region of North America which includes the U.S. states of Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, Vermont, and Maine, and the Canadian provinces of Québec, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island and Newfoundland and Labrador. Noted for its cultural unity, stark climate, landscape of dense forests, and a shared economic history in the exploitation of logging and the regional fishery. Wikipedia
Sentences forNew England
- Many of the Wampanoag and Mohican peoples were caught up in King Philip's War, a joint effort of many New England tribes to push Europeans off their land.
- Before the 1800s, Protestant sects dominated the religious life of New York, although religion did not play as large a role in the public life of New Netherland as it did in New England, with its Puritan population.
- The city proper covers 48.4 mi2 with an estimated population of 692,600 in 2019, also making it the most populous city in New England.
- In terms of geographic location, many of the lowest ZIP Codes, which begin with '0', are in the New England region.
- By fall of that year, the best prairie groves of the counties surrounding what is now Milwaukee were occupied by farmers from the New England states.
- By contrast, religion plays the least important role in New England and in the Western United States.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: New England