Buildings similar to or like New York Hippodrome
Theater in New York City from 1905 to 1939, located on Sixth Avenue between West 43rd and West 44th Streets in the Theater District of Midtown Manhattan. Wikipedia
Sentences forNew York Hippodrome
- One of Houdini's most notable non-escape stage illusions was performed at the New York Hippodrome, when he vanished a full-grown elephant from the stage.
- After arriving in New York, the group performed at the New York Hippodrome, which was the largest theater in the world at the time with a capacity of 5,697.
- The New York Times, in a 1914 review, called a large-scale production at the 6,000-seat New York Hippodrome a "royal entertainment [that] comes up smiling".
- Kellermann helped popularize the sport of synchronised swimming after her 1907 performance of the first water ballet in a glass tank at the New York Hippodrome.
- Houdini performed this escape many times, and even performed a version on stage, first at Hamerstein's Roof Garden where a 5500 USgal tank was specially built, and later at the New York Hippodrome.
- Appearing at the New York Hippodrome from mid 1919 until early 1920, he was reportedly immediately a success - often styled as the "Inja Rubber Idiot" in his early US performances.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: New York Hippodrome