Settlements similar to or like Newcastle upon Tyne
Most populous city and metropolitan borough in North East England. Wikipedia
Second most northern area of Great Britain, considered separate due to cultural differences from the other areas – Scotland, Wales, the Midlands of England and the South of England. The area includes the major cities and metropolitan boroughs of Manchester, Liverpool, Newcastle upon Tyne, Sheffield, Leeds and Bradford. Wikipedia
City and metropolitan borough in the West Midlands, England. Second-largest city, urban area and metropolitan area in England and the United Kingdom, with roughly 1.1 million inhabitants within the city area, 2.9 million inhabitants within the urban area and 3.7 million inhabitants within the metropolitan area and lies within the most populated English district. Wikipedia
Sentences forNewcastle upon Tyne
- Two Megabus services, the M12 and M20, call at Sheffield en route to London from Newcastle upon Tyne and Inverness respectively.
- He put himself into the hands of the Scottish presbyterian army besieging Newark, and was taken northwards to Newcastle upon Tyne.
- Elsewhere, the university expanded from Durham into Newcastle in 1852 when the medical school there (established in 1834) became a college of the university.
- The settlement was named Coal River, also Kingstown and then renamed Newcastle, after England's famous coal port.
- A Scots army defeated Charles's forces in the north, then captured Newcastle.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Newcastle upon Tyne