Mountains similar to or like Nilgiri Mountains
The Nilgiri Mountains form part of the Western Ghats in western Tamil Nadu, India. Wikipedia
The Anaimalai or Anamala Hills, also known as the Elephant Mountains, are the range of mountains that form the southern portion of the Western Ghats and span the border of Tamil Nadu and Kerala in Southern India. Derived from the Tamil/Malayalam word aanai or aana, meaning elephant, and malai or mala, meaning hill – thus Elephant Hill. Wikipedia
The Cardamom Hills or Yela Mala are mountain range of southern India and part of the southern Western Ghats located in southeast Kerala and southwest Tamil Nadu in India. Their name comes from the cardamom spice grown in much of the hills' cool elevation, which also supports pepper and coffee. Wikipedia
Mountain range that covers an area of 160,000 km2 in a stretch of 1,600 km parallel to the western coast of the Indian peninsula, traversing the states of Kerala, Tamil Nadu, Karnataka, Goa, Maharashtra and Gujarat. UNESCO World Heritage Site and is one of the eight hot-spots of biological diversity in the world. Wikipedia
Ecoregion of southern India, covering the southern portion of the Western Ghats range in Karnataka, Kerala and Tamil Nadu, at elevations over 1000 meters. They are cooler and wetter than the lower-elevation South Western Ghats moist deciduous forests, which surround the montane rain forests. Wikipedia
The Mudumalai National Park and Wildlife Sanctuary also a declared tiger reserve, lies on the northwestern side of the Nilgiri Hills (Blue Mountains), in Nilgiri District, about 150 km north-west of Coimbatore city in Tamil Nadu, India. It shares its boundaries with the states of Karnataka and Kerala. Wikipedia
The Velliangiri Mountains, (Tamil: வெள்ளியங்கிரி மலை) a part of the Nilgiri Biosphere Reserve, are situated at the Western Ghats border of Coimbatore district, Tamil Nadu bordering Palakkad District, Kerala. Known as the "Sapthagiri, 7 Hills (Tamil: சப்தகிரி, ஏழுமலை) - Seven Mountains", these mountains are held and revered on par with spiritually most powerful place on the planet - Mount Kailash, the legendary abode of Lord Shiva. Wikipedia
Drink made by infusing leaves of Camellia sinensis that is grown and processed in the Nilgiris district in Tamil Nadu, India. The leaves are processed as black tea, though some estates have expanded their product offerings to include leaves suitable for making green, white and oolong teas. Wikipedia
Sentences forNilgiri Mountains
- sinensis'' was introduced to Nilgiri Mountains by the British in 1835 from seeds shipped from China.
- The Route passes through the various terrains and thickly forested areas of the Nilgiri Mountains.
- Their highest point is the mountain of Doddabetta, height 2,637 m. The district is contained mainly within the Nilgiri Mountains range.
- The Nilgiri Hills are part of a larger mountain chain known as the Western Ghats.
- Doddabetta is the highest mountain in the Nilgiri Mountains at 2,637 metres (8,652 feet).
- The Jenu Kuruba are a tribal group from the Nilgiris, numbering around 37000.
- It is only known from three localities, Koppa, Nilgiri Mountains and Shevaroy.
- Other examples have been found among cave art in northern India and on a dolmen shrine in the Nilgiri Mountains, but are difficult to date accurately.
- An antique steam engine which once operated in the Nilgiri Mountains is at the museum entrance, and the space surrounding it is decorated with greenery and herbs.
- In 1883 he took part in the Cinchona project in the Nilgiris.
- It breeds in small streams in Nilgiris.
- Wald and his wife died in 1950 when the Air India plane (VT-CFK, a DC-3 aircraft ) in which they were travelling crashed near the Rangaswamy Pillar in northern part of the Nilgiri Mountains, in southern India, while on an extensive lecture tour at the invitation of the Indian government.
- It is found in India in the Nilgiri Mountains and Kanara district.
- It is found in the Nilgiri Mountains of India.
- They are confined to India's Nilgiri Mountains and to Sri Lanka.
- The type was collected in the Nilgiri Mountains in India.
- It is found in India's Nilgiri Mountains.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Nilgiri Mountains