Awards similar to or like Nordic Council Literature Prize
Awarded for a work of literature written in one of the languages of the Nordic countries, that meets "high literary and artistic standards". Wikipedia
The Nordic countries, or the Nordics, are a geographical and cultural region in Northern Europe and the North Atlantic, where they are most commonly known as Norden (literally "the North"). The region includes the sovereign states of Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden, as well as the autonomous countries of the Faroe Islands and Greenland, which are both part of the Kingdom of Denmark. Wikipedia
Official body for formal inter-parliamentary Nordic cooperation among the Nordic countries. Formed in 1952, it has 87 representatives from Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway, and Sweden as well as from the autonomous areas of the Faroe Islands, Greenland, and the Åland Islands. Wikipedia
Awarded each year to a Nordic company, organization, or individual to recognize "exemplary efforts to integrate respect for the environment into their business or work or for some other form of extraordinary initiative on behalf of the environment". The nominees and winner are chosen by a 13-person committee consisting of two representatives each from Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Finland, and Iceland, as well as one each from the Faroe Islands, Greenland, and Åland. Wikipedia
Sentences forNordic Council Literature Prize
- Westö has also been nominated for the Nordic Council Literature Prize in 2001 (Vådan av att vara Skrake) and 2003 (Lang).
- She has been twice nominated for the Nordic Council Literature Prize for the Sami language area for her poetry.
- It was nominated on behalf of Iceland for the Nordic Council Literature Prize in 1999.
- In 1984, he became the first children's author nominated for the Nordic Council Literature Prize.
- In 1981, he was awarded the Nordic Council Literature Prize for his poetry collection Hauströkkrið yfir mér.
- He received the Nordic Council Literature Prize for The Sun, My Father in 1991.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Nordic Council Literature Prize