Dependencies similar to or like Norfolk Island
External territory of Australia located in the Pacific Ocean between New Zealand and New Caledonia, 1412 km directly east of Australia's Evans Head and about 900 km from Lord Howe Island. Wikipedia
Group of four volcanic islands in the southern Pacific Ocean that form the sole British Overseas Territory in the Pacific Ocean. The four islands — Pitcairn proper, Henderson, Ducie, and Oeno — are scattered across several hundred kilometres of ocean and have a combined land area of about 18 mi2. Wikipedia
Irregularly crescent-shaped volcanic remnant in the Tasman Sea between Australia and New Zealand, 600 km directly east of mainland Port Macquarie, 780 km northeast of Sydney, and about 900 km southwest of Norfolk Island. About 10 km long and between 0.3 and 2.0 km wide with an area of 14.55 km2, though just 3.98 km2 of that comprise the low-lying developed part of the island. Wikipedia
Sentences forNorfolk Island
- The external territory of Norfolk Island previously exercised considerable autonomy under the Norfolk Island Act 1979 through its own legislative assembly and an Administrator to represent the Queen.
- Norfolk Island was self-governing from 1979 until 2015, although it was never represented as such in the Parliament of Australia.
- Some remained at the service of the Governor of the colony for some months: some of these were sent to Norfolk Island where a second penal colony was established.
- By the mid-1850s, the Pitcairn community was outgrowing the island; its leaders appealed to the British government for assistance, and were offered Norfolk Island.
- Hostilities increased further with the arrival of 600 colonists from Norfolk Island between 1807 and 1813.
- The Member for Bean and the ACT Senators also represent the constituents of Norfolk Island.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Norfolk Island