Settlements similar to or like North East England
One of nine official regions of England at the first level of NUTS for statistical purposes. Wikipedia
One of nine official regions of England at the first level of Nomenclature of Territorial Units for Statistics for statistical purposes. It comprises most of Yorkshire (the administrative areas of South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire, East Riding of Yorkshire, Hull, North Yorkshire and the City of York), as well as North Lincolnshire and North East Lincolnshire. Wikipedia
Sentences forNorth East England
- Originally it was planned that various regions of England would be devolved, but following the proposal's rejection by the North East in a 2004 referendum, this has not been carried out.
- From north east of England, the cliffs become lower and are composed of less resistant moraine, which erodes more easily, so that the coasts have more rounded contours.
- It was intended that other regions would also be given their own elected regional assemblies, but a proposed assembly in the North East region was rejected by a referendum in 2004.
- Supporters of Newcastle United are drawn from all over the North East and beyond, with supporters' clubs in some countries across the world.
- Overall the culture of Northumberland, as with the North East of England in general, has much more in common with Scottish Lowland culture than with that of Southern England.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: North East England