English counties similar to or like Northamptonshire
County in the East Midlands of England. Wikipedia
County in the East Midlands of England. Area of 236,700 ha and a population estimated in mid-2016 at 733,000. Wikipedia
Notional area of England, with no official status nor consensus definition. Southern part of the East Midlands together with the northern part of South East England (the Borough of Milton Keynes, northern parts of Buckinghamshire) and the western part of the East of England (Bedfordshire). Wikipedia
Group of nineteen postcode districts in England, within eight post towns. These cover most of Northamptonshire (including Northampton, Kettering, Wellingborough, Corby, Brackley, Daventry, Rushden and Towcester), plus very small parts of Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Oxfordshire and Warwickshire. Wikipedia
- Northampton Town are the club's traditional rival, dating back to when both sides were lower league, and as the city of Peterborough is historically part of Northamptonshire.
- The River Great Ouse rises just outside the county in Northamptonshire and flows east through Buckingham, Milton Keynes and Olney.
- It also borders Northamptonshire in the south for just 19 m, England's shortest county boundary.
- The proposed East Anglia province would have included northern Essex, southern Lincolnshire and a small part of Northamptonshire as well as Cambridgeshire, Norfolk and Suffolk.
- Northamptonshire town Corby became a centre for Scottish migration in the 1930s.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Northamptonshire