Settlements similar to or like Northern England
Second most northern area of Great Britain, considered separate due to cultural differences from the other areas – Scotland, Wales, the Midlands of England and the South of England. Wikipedia
Area of England consisiting of the southernmost parts of Great Britain, considered separate due to distinct cultural differences from other areas – Scotland, Wales, the Midlands and the North. The area includes the southern counties of England in the Government regions of the South West, the South East, Greater London and the East of England. Wikipedia
In England, the term North–South divide refers to the cultural, economic, and social differences between: Administered by the Kingdom of Mercia whose borders were defined by the Mersey, the Humber, the Severn and the Thames as shown by its flag, a saltaire cross. Wikipedia
Sentences forNorthern England
- Towards the North of England the climate becomes colder and most of England's mountains and high hills are located here and have a major impact on the climate and thus the local fauna of the areas.
- Yorkshire (abbreviated Yorks), formally known as the County of York, is a historic county of Northern England and the largest in the United Kingdom.
- The Brigantes controlled territory which later became all of Northern England and more territory than most Celtic tribes on the isle of Great Britain.
- The original format contained 12 clubs from the Midlands and Northern England.
- Located in Northern England, Hull has a temperate maritime climate which is dominated by the passage of mid-latitude depressions.
- Rugby league originated in Huddersfield, West Yorkshire in 1895 and is generally played in Northern England.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Northern England