Settlements similar to or like Northern Virginia
Northern Virginia, locally referred to as NOVA or NoVA, comprises several counties and independent cities in the Commonwealth of Virginia in the United States. Wikipedia
The statistical areas of the United States of America comprise the metropolitan statistical areas (MSAs), the micropolitan statistical areas (μSAs), and the combined statistical areas (CSAs) currently defined by the United States Office of Management and Budget (OMB). Most recently on March 6, 2020, the Office of Management and Budget defined 1114 statistical areas for the United States, including 4 combined statistical areas, 11 metropolitan statistical areas, and 4 micropolitan statistical areas in the Commonwealth of Virginia. Wikipedia
Combined statistical area consisting of the overlapping labor market region of the cities of Washington, D.C. and Baltimore, Maryland. The region includes Central Maryland, Northern Virginia, three counties in the Eastern Panhandle of West Virginia, and one county in South Central Pennsylvania. Wikipedia
State in the Mid-Atlantic and Southeastern regions of the United States, between the Atlantic Coast and the Appalachian Mountains. The geography and climate of the Commonwealth are shaped by the Blue Ridge Mountains and the Chesapeake Bay, which provide habitat for much of its flora and fauna. Wikipedia
Local office of the National Weather Service responsible for monitoring weather conditions in 44 counties in eastern West Virginia, northern and central Virginia, the majority of the state of Maryland, as well as the city of Washington, D.C. Although labeled as the NWS Baltimore/Washington, its actual location is off Old Ox Road in the Dulles section of Sterling, Virginia, adjacent to Washington Dulles International Airport. The NWS Baltimore/Washington currently employs about 25 people including meteorologists, support personnel, and management staff, working rotating shifts 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Wikipedia
This article lists the 3,143 counties and county equivalents of the United States. The 50 states of the United States are divided into 3,007 counties, political and geographic subdivisions of a state. Wikipedia
Sentences forNorthern Virginia
- The program has regularly featured notable international talent combined with outstanding locally grown high school tennis talent from in-state Virginia (often Northern Virginia).
- Loudoun County meanwhile has the highest median household income in the nation, and the wider Northern Virginia region is among the highest-income regions nationwide.
- The state's Hispanic population rose by 92 percent from 2000 to 2010, with two-thirds of Hispanics in the state living in Northern Virginia.
- All students in the Medical School live off-campus, most in the surrounding neighborhoods, with some in Northern Virginia and elsewhere through the region.
- Georgetown's undergraduate and medical school campuses are situated on an elevated site above the Potomac River overlooking Northern Virginia.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Northern Virginia