Mlbs similar to or like Oakland Athletics
American professional baseball team based in Oakland, California. Wikipedia
The history of the Athletics Major League Baseball franchise spans the period from 1901 to the present day, having begun as a charter member franchise in the new American League in Philadelphia before moving to Kansas City in 1955 for 13 seasons and then to its current home on the San Francisco Bay in Oakland, California, in 1968. In 1954, Chicago real estate magnate Arnold Johnson bought the Philadelphia Athletics and moved them to Kansas City, Missouri. Wikipedia
List of award winners and league leaders for the Oakland Athletics professional baseball franchise. First known as the Philadelphia Athletics from to and then as the Kansas City Athletics from to. Wikipedia
List of people who have played at least one game for the Oakland Athletics, Kansas City Athletics, or Philadelphia Athletics baseball teams of the American League, along with their primary position and years played for the team. It does not include players for the 1871–76 Philadelphia Athletics, the 1882–1890 Philadelphia Athletics, or the 1891 Philadelphia Athletics. Wikipedia
Sentences forOakland Athletics
- In a 22–9 win over the Oakland Athletics on August 25, 2011, the Yankees became the first team in Major League history to hit three grand slams in a single game.
- On September 28, 2013, the team secured home field advantage throughout the American League playoffs when their closest competition, the Oakland Athletics, lost.
- The Reds swept the heavily favored Oakland Athletics in four straight, and extended a Reds winning streak in the World Series to nine consecutive games.
- In 1955, Kansas City became a major league city when the Philadelphia Athletics baseball franchise relocated to the city in 1955.
- There are only two other occasions when a team has won at least three consecutive World Series: 1972 to 1974 by the Oakland Athletics, and 1998 to 2000 by the Yankees.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Oakland Athletics