Topics similar to or like Olympic Games
The modern Olympic Games or Olympics (Jeux olympiques) are leading international sporting events featuring summer and winter sports competitions in which thousands of athletes from around the world participate in a variety of competitions. Wikipedia
The Summer Olympic Games (Jeux olympiques d'été) also known as the Games of the Olympiad, are a major international multi-sport event normally held once every four years. The Games were first held in 1896 in Athens, Greece, and were most recently held in 2016 in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. Wikipedia
Olympic sports are contested in the Summer Olympic Games and Winter Olympic Games. The 2016 Summer Olympics included 28 sports, with five additional sports due to be added to the 2020 Summer Olympics program (which was postponed to at least 2021 due to the COVID-19 pandemic); the 2014 Winter Olympics included seven sports. Wikipedia
Organized sporting event, often held over multiple days, featuring competition in many different sports between organized teams of athletes from nation-states. Events are typically held over a few days to accommodate the large number of events held, often more than those in single-sport competitions. Wikipedia
Sentences forOlympic Games
- It is the most prestigious football tournament in the world as well as the most widely viewed and followed sporting event in the world, exceeding the Olympic Games.
- In the same year, when the Soviet representative Konstantin Andrianov became an IOC member, the USSR officially joined the Olympic Movement.
- India has a in shooting sports, and has won several medals at the Olympics, the World Shooting Championships, and the Commonwealth Games.
- Historically, Russian athletes have been one of the most successful contenders in the Olympic Games; ranking third in an all-time Olympic Games medal count.
- On 6 July 2005 London was awarded the 2012 Summer Olympics, making London the first city to stage the Olympic Games three times.
- In the 1950s and 1960s, modern rules were standardized, with taekwondo becoming an official Olympic sport in 2000.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Olympic Games