Countries similar to or like Oman
Country on the southeastern coast of the Arabian Peninsula in Western Asia and the oldest independent state in the Arab world. Wikipedia
Country in Western Asia. Bordered to the northwest by Armenia and Azerbaijan, to the north by the Caspian Sea, to the northeast by Turkmenistan, to the east by Afghanistan, to the southeast by Pakistan, to the south by the Persian Gulf and the Gulf of Oman, and to the west by Turkey and Iraq. Wikipedia
- The Ottomans and Egyptians assaulted the western front, while the Al Khalifa in Bahrain and the Omanis launched an attack against the eastern front.
- The Arabs were principally noblemen from Syria and Oman; and though few in numbers, they constituted the elite of the population.
- In ancient times, Al Hasa (today's Eastern Province of Saudi Arabia) was part of Al Bahreyn and adjoined Greater Oman (today's UAE and Oman).
- War led to a deterioration of the relations with Portugal's oldest ally, England, and the loss of Hormuz, a strategic trading post located between Iran and Oman.
- Because the country's southern borders with the United Arab Emirates and Oman are not precisely marked, the exact size of the country is undefined.
- Sindh was home to several wealthy merchant-rulers such as Mir Bejar of Sindh, whose great wealth had attracted the close ties with the Sultan bin Ahmad of Oman.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Oman