Orders similar to or like Order of Australia
Order of chivalry established on 14 February 1975 by Elizabeth II, Queen of Australia, on the recommendation of the Australian government, to recognise Australian citizens and other persons for achievement or meritorious service. Wikipedia
The Australian honours and awards system refers to all orders, decorations, and medals, as instituted by Letters patent from the Monarch of Australia and countersigned by the Australian Prime Minister at the time, that have been progressively introduced since 14 February 1975. The Australian honours and awards system excludes all state and local government, and private, issued awards and medals (although a few can be recognised in the Order of wearing, like those in the Order of St John). Wikipedia
Sentences forOrder of Australia
- Congruent with these arguments, he in 1988 accepted without issue a substantive induction as a Companion of the Order of Australia.
- The sovereign will also hold an audience with the appointee and will at that time induct the governor-designate as a Companion of the Order of Australia (AC).
- On July 25, 1997, Gibson was named an honorary Officer of the Order of Australia (AO), in recognition of his "service to the Australian film industry".
- On 25 March 2014, Abbott announced that he had advised the Queen to reinstate the knight and dame system of honours to the Order of Australia.
- She was honoured by governments and civilian organisations, and appointed an honorary Companion of the Order of Australia in 1982 "for service to the community of Australia and humanity at large".
- Prime Ministers were awarded honours within the British honours system before 1975, when appointment to the Order of Australia began.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Order of Australia