Orders similar to or like Order of the Elephant
Danish order of chivalry and is Denmark's highest-ranked honour. Wikipedia
Brazilian order of chivalry founded by Emperor Pedro I on 1 December 1822. Intended to commemorate the independence of Brazil and the coronation of Pedro I. The name derives from the geographical position of the country, under the constellation of the Southern Cross and also in memory of the name – Terra de Santa Cruz – given to Brazil at the time of European discovery. Wikipedia
List of the current Knights and Members (women) of the Swedish order of chivalry, the Royal Order of the Seraphim. List of Knights of the Royal Order of the Seraphim Wikipedia
Sentences forOrder of the Elephant
- Ceaușescu was made a knight of the Danish Order of the Elephant, but this appointment was revoked on 23 December 1989 by the queen of Denmark, Margrethe II.
- On 8 May 1676, he became admiral general of the Danish Navy and Knight in the Order of the Elephant; in 1677, Count of Sølvesborg – then a Danish nobility title.
- Upon his departure from Denmark he was one of few Frenchmen of the period to be awarded the Order of the Elephant.
- Until 1808, membership in the order was limited to fifty members of noble or royal rank, who formed a single class known as White Knights to distinguish them from the Blue Knights who were members of the Order of the Elephant.
- This habit was almost identical to that worn by the knights of the Order of the Elephant.
- At a memorial meeting of the Academy on 17 October 1947 for King Christian X, who had died in April, the new king, Frederick IX, announced that he was conferring the Order of the Elephant on Bohr.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Order of the Elephant