Topics similar to or like Origins of rock and roll
Rock and roll emerged as a defined musical style in the United States in the early to mid-1950s. Wikipedia
Broad genre of popular music that originated as "rock and roll" in the United States in the late 1940s and early 1950s, developing into a range of different styles in the mid-1960s and later, particularly in the United States and the United Kingdom. It has its roots in 1940s and 1950s rock and roll, a style that drew heavily from the genres of blues, rhythm and blues, and from country music. Wikipedia
American rock has its roots in 1940s and 1950s rock and roll, rhythm and blues, and country music, and also drew on folk music, jazz, blues, and classical music. Further influenced by the British Invasion of the American pop charts from 1964 and resulted in the development of psychedelic rock. Wikipedia
Sentences forOrigins of rock and roll
- His million-selling debut single, "The Fat Man" (1949), is one of many that have been cited as the first rock and roll record.
- Johnson recorded these songs a decade and a half before the advent of rock and roll, dying a year or two later.
- Their "Freight Train Boogie" (recorded for the King label in 1946) is regarded by some as the first rock and roll record.
- Rock's exact origins and early influences have been hotly debated, and are the subjects of much scholarship.
- Williams signed with MGM Records in 1947 and released "Move It on Over"; considered an early example of rock and roll music, the song became a massive country hit.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Origins of rock and roll